Born in Florence in 1944
Holds a degree in Economics and Management from La Sapienza University in Rome
Cavaliere del Lavoro (Order of Merit for Labour)
Expert with an in-depth knowledge of the insurance world. He began his career in 1964 at Assicurazioni Generali, where he held numerous managerial positions until he became the General Manager for Italy in 1994, Chief Executive Officer in 1997 and finally Deputy Chairman in 2001.
He was a member of the Board of Directors of companies listed in Italy and abroad, including: Atlantia, Autostrade per l’Italia, Cerved Group and Abertis Infraestructuras SA, in addition to the companies INA Assitalia, SIAT Assicurazioni and Edizione.
He was the President of Associazione Nazionale fra le Imprese Assicuratrici (ANIA, National Association of Insurance Companies).
He is currently:
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Assonime Board;
- Deputy Chairman of Diplomatia;
- Academic Member of Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA, Italian Academy of Business Administration);
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Foundation Centro Studi Investimenti Sociali (CENSIS);
- Member of the Board of Directors of Associazione Nazionale per lo Sviluppo dei Problemi del Credito (ANSPC, National Association for the Development of Credit Issues);
He has been:
- Since 2010, Chairman of Arca Vita S.p.A.;
- Since 2010, Chairman of Arca Assicurazioni S.p.A.;
- Since 2021, Chairman of Unisalute S.p.A.;
- Since 2016, Vice Chairman of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.