Giusella Dolores Finocchiaro
Born in Catania in 1964
Holds a degree in Law from the University of Bologna
Cassation Court Lawyer
Since 1997, she has been Full Professor of Private Law at the University of Bologna, undertaking numerous scientific collaborations alongside her academic career at the national and international level.
In 2001, she became the founder and partner of the Law Firm Finocchiaro specializing in Internet Law and IT Law and, in 2021, she was the Co-founder and Partner of the law firm DigitalMediaLaws S.r.l., which specializes in legislation for new technology, privacy, e-commerce and electronic signatures.
From 2016 to 2019, she was standing Auditor of Cassa Depositi e Prestiti S.p.A.
She has been:
- Since 2011, Chairwoman of the UNCITRAL (United Nations Commission on International Trade Law) Working Group on electronic trade;
- Since 2015, Chairwoman of Fondazione del Monte di Bologna e Ravenna;
- Since 2015, Member of the Board of Associazione di Fondazioni e di Casse di Risparmio (ACRI, Association of Italian banking foundations);
- Since 2020, legal Expert at the World Bank;
- Since 2021, legal Expert in the UNIDROIT Project “Digital Assets and Private Law”;
- Since 2022, Director of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.