Born in Chiavari (GE) in 1969
Holds a degree in Economics and Management from the faculty of Economics of the University of Genoa
He is Pro-Rector for International Affairs at Bocconi University, where he is Full Professor of Economics of Financial Intermediaries at the Department of Finance and Algebris Chair in Long-Term Investment and Absolute Return, member of the Investment Committee and member of the Management Committee of the SDA Bocconi School of Management.
As part of his international academic activities, he has held various offices, including: member of the Steering Committee of CIVICA, University of Social Sciences; member of the Management Board of CEMS, Global Alliance in Management Education, Chairman of PIM for the EMEA Region; Executive Secretary of the External Advisory Board of the School of Transnational Governance of the European University Institute in Florence.
In the past, he has held numerous offices as member of the Board of Directors and of the Board of Statutory Auditors of, among other companies, Credito Valtellinese, MP Venture SGR, Rekeep, Santander Consumer Bank, Banca PSA Italia, as well as of the listed company SIAS S.p.A. (from 2001 to 2019).
He has been:
- Since 2021, Director of Cerved Group S.p.A.;
- Since 2012, Director of Generali Real Estate SGR S.p.A.;
- Since 2016, Director of Istituto Diocesano del Sostentamento del Clero (IDSC, Diocesan Institute for Clergy Support) of the Milan Diocese;
- Since 2023, Chairman of Bocconi Endowment Management S.r.l.;
- Since 2022, Director of UnipolSai Assicurazioni S.p.A.